- NEW MOBILE GAME PROVIDES THE ULTIMATE SPORTS FAN EXPERIENCE
- LOS ANGELES, CA – January 30, 2014 – Sony Pictures Television today extended a challenge to sports fans worldwide with the launch of the new “Sports Jeopardy!” mobile game. Available today across iOS and Android platforms, the “Sports Jeopardy!” app offers sports fanatics the chance to see how they stack up against the competition with the high quality game experience that comes with the Jeopardy! brand.
“With ‘Sports Jeopardy!’ we have created a mobile game that combines what millions of fans have come to love about Jeopardy! with the fun and excitement of a night of sports trivia,” said Jeopardy! Executive Producer Harry Friedman.
“Sports Jeopardy!” features thousands of sports clues ranging from sports trivia to cultural references. The game also includes the following key features:
• Level Up: Progress through the ranks from fan to sports legend as you unlock new challenges and achievements.
• Test your knowledge among friends: Challenge friends in a new turn-based online multiplayer mode or build bragging rights in person with Party Mode.
• Up the Ante: Change the rules with in-game Power-ups. Use “Time Out” to give yourself more time on questions or “Double Down” to add an extra Daily Double somewhere on the board.
• Follow the Leader: Track your ranking against other “Sports Jeopardy!” players with weekly and all-time leaderboards.
• Customize Your Game: Use in-game coins to unlock sports-themed podiums, jerseys, accessories for your avatar, and much more.
“With ‘Sports Jeopardy!’, we have created a game that resonates with a distinct and passionate audience,” said Philip Lynch, SVP Digital Networks. “We see this as an opportunity for sports fans of all ages to test their sports knowledge.”
Sony Pictures Television is a world class mobile games publisher that is recognized for its high quality brands and IP, including “Wheel of Fortune”, “Jeopardy!”, and “Wheel of Fortune: Cubed”.
“Sports Jeopardy!” is $0.99 to download, with additional content available via in-game purchase.
App Store on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch –
Amazon Appstore for Android –
Google Play for Android –
ABOUT SONY PICTURES TELEVISION
Sony Pictures Television (http://www.sonypictures.com), a Sony Pictures Entertainment company, is one of the television industry’s leading content providers. It produces and distributes programming in every genre, around the world and for a multitude of platforms. In addition to one of the industry’s largest libraries of award-winning feature films, television shows and formats, Sony Pictures Television (SPT) boasts a current program slate that includes top-rated daytime dramas and game shows, landmark off-network series, original animated series and critically acclaimed primetime dramas, comedies and telefilms. In addition to its US production business, SPT has 17 wholly-owned or joint venture production companies in 12 countries and also maintains offices in 32 countries. SPT’s worldwide television networks portfolio includes 124 channel feeds available in 159 countries, reaching more than 840 million households worldwide. SPT also creates original content for and manages SPE’s premium video website, Crackle. Additionally, SPT owns US production company Embassy Row and is a part owner of cable channel Game Show Network (GSN), 3D channel 3net, premier horror/thriller website and VOD service FEARnet and national U.S media sales company ITN Networks, Inc. SPT advertiser sales is one of the premier national advertising sales companies and handles the commercial inventory in SPT’s syndicated series as well as in U.S. digital businesses including FEARnet, DrOz.com and PlayStati